Friday, August 27, 2010

Making me smile.

A few weeks ago, Campbell and I were shopping around and we went into 'Fireworks', one of my favorite stores. There is always so many fun and unique things in there. In the kids area they have a bunch of sock monkeys and Campbell found a purple one that had magnets in the hands so you could hook the monkey to things and she really wanted it. Of course I got it for her and didn't think much about it. The next day, I noticed that she had hooked the monkey around her seat belt and I thought, how cute of her!

After the Seahawks game last Saturday night that Campbell and her cousin Cassie performed at, the kids all rode home with me. Campbell sat in the way back with her cousins Cassie and Clayton and I wasn't paying attention to anything, besides making sure she got her booster seat back there. The next day I go to clean out the car and this is what I see:



In all the chaos of trying to get everyone loaded in the car, Campbell made sure to grab her monkey and attach it to her seat belt in the way back. I couldn't help but smile when I saw that. She is such a special little girl and lately I have just been feeling like she is growing up way too fast. It's little things like this that remind me that she is still a sweet little girl :)

0 comments: