Monday, November 3, 2008

Las Vegas

We are back from our trip, and oh what fun we had! I don't think we ever stopped laughing :) We started out going to Old Vegas when we got there Thursday afternoon, for The Zac Brown Band concert. The PBR was in town and also NHRA, so the town was packed. We had a great time at the concert and can't wait until November 18th when their CD comes out. They are very talented and I hope they go far in their careers. After the concert we got to meet all of them and get pictures and talk for a bit, they were all very nice guys. Everyone gambled for awhile and had some drinks so we didn't get back until about 3am.

Friday us girls shopped all day while the guys had practice at the track. We went to the Miracle Mile at Planet Hollywood and then to the Forum shops at Caesar's. Rachel tried on a hat at a store we were in, and it sort of became the joke for the trip, with her trying on over 10 different hats. Of course I had to get a pic every time and her line was "Why wouldn't I?" We got many good laughs out of her :)

The guys weren't going to get back until around 10 pm, so we made reservations for us girls at Mona Vie in Paris. We wanted to sit on the balcony to people watch since it was Halloween and all, but we weren't able to. We had a good time and still saw some great costumes and not so great ones too. We went to the Toby Keith bar after that and got many good laughs there. I think I can officially say I have now seen it all after being in Vegas on Halloween.

Saturday the guys left early and us girls waited for Eric's Dad to arrive from Bakersfield. He and his wife picked us up and we headed to the track. Eric had a great car all day and qualified 2nd. It was great to see some old friends from the SWT. Going to this race made me realize that of all the race cars I've ever watched, the tour car is still my favorite. I love the way it looks, sounds, races..everything. I was so happy to see Jim Pettit race again and he ended the night by winning the Championship for the SRL series he raced in all year so that was pretty neat. Eric got spun and had to go to the back, but still finished 5th.
Brandon was down there helping his Uncle Mike, so Lynsie and Zach came also and I got to sit with them in the stands for awhile. Zach is so cute and loved the sounds of the cars, he didn't make a peep :)

Saturday night we got cleaned up and took a limo around town, eventually going to the piano bar at Harrah's. We had so much fun laughing and watching people. We left there around 5am and had a limo take us to get some burgers before going back to our hotel. I think when I got in my room it was around 6:30 which was really 5:30 with the time change. I was wide awake at 8 am and couldn't sleep so I just got ready and went to get coffee. Rachel and I went over to M&M world and I got some things for all the kids before we had to leave for the airport.

Our flight was supposed to leave at 3:30 Sunday but once we got to the airport, realized it was delayed for a few hours so we just hung out at the airport. We were all so tired and most everyone took a nap. The flight was delayed due to wind and it was so miserable during the flight I have never had a flight with so much turbulence and there was more than one time that I thought I was going to get sick but thankfully I didn't. I think we were all glad to be on the ground and headed home to go to bed. We all had a great time and I can't wait until I go back again!