Monday, December 1, 2008

Friends.





Last Wednesday night I drove over the mountains to Yakima to see some dear friends. Sam & Heather were in town from North Carolina and although I already saw them at the wedding, I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see them again. I also got to see Karen & Rick, whom I never get to see since we live 3 hours apart. I talk to Karen nearly every day in some form, but it was so fun to hang out with her and I think we need to do it more often!

I love the holidays for many reasons and seeing friends is definitely one of them. Sam and Heather are great people and I admire them so much for leaving everything they have ever known to move across the country to North Carolina and chase their dreams. Sam is a successful member of the #2 Kevin Harvick Inc. truck team and it is so neat to see him on TV living his dream. He is about the most humble person you could ever meet and doesn't take his job for granted. Heather is a wonderful mom to their kids Blake and Emily and is always coming up with creative things to do with them and trips to take them on. Heather definitely takes advantage of the surrounding areas that they live in and it is so fun to read about their adventures on their blog.

I can't wait to see them again, and hopefully this time I will take a trip out their way :)

0 comments: