Wednesday, November 17, 2010

12..err 6 weeks of Christmas Cookies, Week 1.

Apparently I have missed the buzz in the blogging world about the "12 weeks of Christmas cookies" challenge that some are doing. I stumbled upon it while checking out this sweet little blog and I thought, I would love to do that! Only one little problem, it is already only 6 weeks until Christmas. So, I guess I will just have to double up and try 2 new recipes a week for the next 6 weeks. The idea was to make a new cookie each week until Christmas. Since I usually have a few baking extravaganza's during the Holiday's, I would love to test new recipes that could potentially be added to my holiday favorites.

Here is Recipe #1. I picked this one for my first recipe because it's unlike anything that I usually make and it had eggnog & rum in it..done deal.




1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 Tbsp rum
1/4 cup eggnog
1 cup powdered sugar, for rolling


In a medium bow, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the rum and eggnog.

Add in the flour mixture gradually until well-combined. Cover and refrigerate the dough an hour or until firm.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1″ balls and place on the baking sheets about 1″ apart.

Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool about 5 minutes before rolling the cookies in the sugar. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!

0 comments: