Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Phoenix.







I had the best time going to Phoenix with The Barkshire's. I was so excited that Jeff was able to race this particular race since it is on Cup weekend and I love going to Phoenix. This weekend really reminded me how much I do love racing and love being at the race track. I was telling Shelby that it's kind of funny because I watch racing so much on TV, that when I see the drivers and crew members at the track, I feel like I know them because they are so familiar to me..then I have to remind myself that I don't in fact know them :)

The West series was scheduled to race Saturday night after the Nationwide race to bring more exposure to the series. I'm not sure how I feel about that since it didn't seem like the pro's out weighed the cons of the weekend, like the crazy down time. It was the ultimate Nascar style "sit & wait" weekend. And the race didn't turn out well for Jeff, when another car made contact with him forcing him into the front stretch wall and blowing out the right front tire while running 8th. Obviously not the outcome any one hoped for, but as they say, that's the way it goes sometimes. It was so disappointing after all the hard work it took by Jeff to get the funds secured to even be there and all the hard work that it took from he & his crew to be there.

While in Phoenix, Shelby & I spent Friday in Scottsdale doing some shopping at the Fashion Square Mall. They have pretty much every store! We had lunch at my favorite place there, Olive & Ivy and made a quick stop at Sprinkles for a cupcake. We went to the truck race on Friday night and watched from the pits which was fun and afterwards we got to meet one of our favorite people on Twitter: @Mother_Function aka Josh, Kevin Harvick Inc. employee and Kevin's better half. He was super funny and nice.

The weather was wonderful, the racing was pretty good minus Jeff's incident and we all can't wait to do it again..hopefully sooner than later.

0 comments: