Friday, April 11, 2008

Baking or Racing?...Racing!!

Rarely do my plans ever work out the way I plan them to. Last night, I had planned to go home and make the cupcake pops, but that didn't happen.

Instead I drove to downtown Seattle to a bar called Fuel to watch the Nascar West Series live. It is only available on HD Net and nobody that I know has it so a few fellow racing fans drove down there to watch some of our Northwest Boys. My friend Shelby's fiancee was racing in it and I really wanted to see it and I'm so glad I went down there. The race started at 7:15 and I didn't decide to drive down there until 6:30 but I made it and only missed the first few laps.

Jeff did so good, he had blown his primary motor earlier in the day in practice, so he had to put in his backup which wasn't his favorite motor. Shelby kept me updated throughout the day and let me know that Jeff qualified 6th and was feeling good for the race. They rented some crew members off of David Reuitimans team and a guy from Petty's team to do their pit stops since that is key at Phoenix.

Jeff had to start dead last because he changed his motor, which I don't understand since he changed his motor before qualifying. He worked his way through the field, avoided several wrecks and did an awesome job. He finished 5th and he was so happy with that. Jeff has terrible luck and usually always gets a flat tire during a race so he was happy to just see the checkered flag and be in such a good position.

Maybe I will get my baking done tonight...but wait, there is the Busch race from Phoenix on tonight and my favorite boy Rowdy is in it..hmmmm, well maybe I'll get to the baking, after the race of course ;)

0 comments: