Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Heavenly!

I have been waiting for April 5Th to come around for a few months now and it finally did! Friday night, my friend Christy flew over from the Tri-Cities since the passes haven't been good lately and I picked her up and took her to 13 coins for dinner. I haven't been there since I was a little
kid so that was fun.

Saturday we shopped at Bellevue Square, had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and then had our makeup done at Bare Essentials before heading down to Tacoma for the concert.

We got a hotel at the Marriott in Tacoma and started getting ready for the concert. We found out there was a free tram that took us right to the dome so we wouldn't have to fight the crowds of parking so that was nice.

Taylor Swift opened for Rascal, and she was a great performer! I didn't realize it, but she is the only musician to have written all the songs on her album and have it go platinum, that's a pretty cool thing to have done at the young age of 18 and I think she was 17 at the time! She got the crowd all pumped up and was fun to watch.
At the Tacoma dome they have the main stage and then a mini stage in the middle. We had great seats, Row 1 of the first side section, so we were close to both the main stage and the middle stage. The guys started the concert on the mini stage and went back and forth between the stages. They sang so many songs and we sang along to every single one of them. When I hear their songs, it just makes me smile. They are such great performers and Gary LeVox has the voice of an angel, I could listen to him for hours! Their songs have such great meanings behind them.
My favorite parts of the concert were when they sang "My wish", which is a beautiful song, and Gary brought up a 3 year old little girl on stage. He held her hand and walked her all around the stage and she was waving to the crowd. At the end of the song he got down on his knee and sang it to her and he got choked up, I had tears rolling down my face, it was so sweet!

The other part that got me was when they sang "He ain't the leavin kind", and towards the end of the song, they had some Marine's walk on stage and then Gary turned around and sang it to them pointing and singing "and they ain't the leavin kind either" and then bowed down to them. The crowd went crazy and I think everyone was a little emotional.

It was a great concert. This was my 2nd year in a row and with any luck I'll be able to go to another of their concerts this year. They just keep getting better and better! If you have the chance to see them, I would highly recommend it, you wont be disappointed!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Lucky! RF are one of my favorites! I saw them one time in the hotel we were at in Nashville, TN 7 years ago and they had a special needs person with them during the live radio show they we doing. Cool guys for sure!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

omgoodness. i love rascal flats, you lucky girl! what a fun little blog you have here.