Friday, April 25, 2008

Sister & Brother night out!

Yesterday afternoon, my little brother Michael (10) called me and wanted to come over. Since it was a school night and I live about 25 miles away, I thought I would just go pick him up and take him to dinner and hang out with him for a bit and then he could come over tonight since he wouldn't have to be home early to get up for school the next day.

We started out by going to:



I wanted to try the Smore's cupcake that was featured on Martha Stewart but we found out they are only available on Sunday's and Mondays. I got a lemon strawberry cupcake and Michael got the triple chocolate. I also had a hot chocolate which I had heard was amazing and it definitely did not disappoint. They use a special kind of chocolate that is rich but so tasteful and each cup is topped off with a homemade marshmallow. I'm telling you if you ever get the chance to visit Trophy Cupcakes, you must try the hot chocolate, it is phenomenal!

Trophy Cupcakes 1815 N. 45th Street, Suite 209 Seattle, WA. 98103 206.632.7020 M-F 8:00-8:00 Saturday 8:30-8:00 Sunday 8:30-5:00

After we left there, we headed down to the University District to have dinner at Pallino, a yummy little pasta place. There used to be one in Woodinville that I went to often but now it's not there anymore so I thought we would go there. First we stopped at The Confectionery Store, a cute little candy shop. They had pretty much everything you could think of and it was displayed adorably. I got some light blue taffy and some dark brown taffy to use as part of my favors for the baby shower I'm hosting next weekend. Michael got an almond chocolate bar and I think he was finished before we even got to the car, he loved it.

The Confectionery Store, University Village. 206.523.1443 -- M-S 9:30-9:00 S 11:00-6:00

Pallino University Village. 206.522.8617 -- S-Th 11:00-9:00 F/S 11:00-10:00



After dinner, we went to Bell Square where I wanted to go to The Container Store to get some little favor boxes for the shower. We also went in the mall for awhile and shopped around. Michael was pretty worn out by the time we got home but we sure had fun together. I can't believe my little brother is already 10 years old (almost 11), where does the time go?

1 comments:

Sarah from The Confectionery said...

Thanks for giving us such a "sweet" shoutout! I hope that (delicious) taffy worked out for the baby shower! Keep up on our amazing new treats on our new blog: www.theconfectionery.blogspot.com