Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pea Salad



My mom has made pea salad for holidays ever since I can remember and it is definitely a family favorite. For Lynsie's baby shower, I'm going to serve all kinds of salads and this is going to be one of them so I decided to make it and perfect it before the big day.

I made this last night and it was delicious, and the recipe is so easy it would be silly to not make it.

Recipe as follows:

1 bag petite peas
8-10 pieces bacon
1 can water chestnuts
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup miracle whip

Cook bacon, let cool and then crumble into pieces. Chop water chestnuts and onion into small pieces. Mix all together and chill, serve cold.

How easy is that? And it is oh so good.

Side note, for those that don't like miracle whip I promise you, you will like it in this.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Yummy! I love pea salad. I can't eat many peas (they are considered a starch more than a veggie), but I'm going to have to grab a bag next time I'm at the store!