Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A blessing..

That's what Connie truly was, a blessing. Although I didn't know her as well as I would have liked, she made an impact on me and I will be forever thankful for that. The love and spirit that she showed to everyone she met, will never be forgotten. There was not a time that I saw Connie, that she didn't have a big smile on her face and that is something that everyone agreed on. The bond between her and her Sister is unlike anything I've ever heard or seen. Almost every single picture in her slide show, included her Sister Mindy.

At the service, it was quite evident just how many people she had touched. You just don't meet people like Connie often enough.

After the service, Karen and I got to have a nice dinner and reflect on Connie and life in general. As I drove home Saturday night, I thought about my own life and questioned many things. I am definitely a thinker, especially when I am driving, which is a lot. It's always the harsh reality of life that puts everything into perspective. It makes me realize how some things that are seemingly so important at times, really don't mean much in the big picture of life. At the end of the day, it's not about anything more than how you impacted other people and if I can make half the impact that Connie did, I will have done something right.

"There are some people, you know, who are too important to ever be forgotten."
Connie is definitely one of those people.

0 comments: