Friday, October 3, 2008

Vice Presidential Debate

Well, politics are something I don't often discuss and I admit that's mostly due to my lack of knowledge. However, I love watching the debates and this debate was much different to me than the Presidential debate that I watched last week. This is my favorite part of the election process, and the format that I learn the most information in the shortest amount of time. I also like to see peoples actions. I like to watch how they speak to another and how their body language is towards one another. Both Senator Biden and Governor Palin were very polite to each other, which I was glad to see. Watching McCain vs. Obama was very disappointing to me. I felt McCain was very rude and disrespectful to Obama.

Now, I should say that I don't consider myself a democrat or republican. I like and dislike things about both parties and I suppose I should find a happy medium and chose a side. My family is made up of Republicans, but I've always felt like I needed to make my own decision based on the facts that are important to me.

In the 2004 election, I was all for John Kerry. I loved the way he spoke and he gave me something to believe in. After he lost the election, I swore that I would get more involved with the 2008 election by learning more about the candidates earlier on. I have not done that though. I bought Obama's book, but have yet to read it.

At this point, I am more impressed with the Vice Presidential candidates than the actual candidate. I feel like they both debated well, spoke well and they were real people. Their speeches didn't seem as rehearsed and the mood was lighter and easier to relate with. I'm still not sure who I will vote for on November 4th, but little by little I am learning more about who is going to be in control of this country for the next 4 years.

0 comments: