Friday, September 5, 2008

First day of School.





Yesterday was Campbell's 1st official day of Kindergarten. She got to go for an hour on Wednesday to meet her teacher and see her classroom, but yesterday she got to stay all day. She will be going full time and she has been so excited. The main things she talks about is that she gets to have recess 3 times a day, and she gets to bring her lunch to school :)

Her wardrobe is also pretty important. I took her school shopping last week and we got her a bunch of new clothes that she just loves.

She really likes her teacher which I was glad to hear because that makes all the difference. She was pretty worn out when I got home yesterday. Usually she's out riding her bike or playing on the swing set or running around, but yesterday she was sitting on the couch watching one of her shows. Kindergarten is hard work you know!

I can't believe she is already in Kindergarten. It's so hard to believe she is already 5 years old and the time will really fly now that she is in school. Poor Cooper was so sad that he couldn't go with sissy. He just cried and said "me go too"
Soon enough he will be going too.



My brother Michael started school on Tuesday and he is in the 5th grade this year. I can't believe he is already 11 either. I took him to school on Tuesday and I asked him if he was nervous and he said, "no, I already know everyone here". Well okay then :) I'm glad he wasn't nervous because I was sure nervous for him. I remember those first days of school, meeting your new teacher, making new friends. Thankfully Michael is so easy going and has a lot of friends at his school. He likes his teacher and called after school to tell me that his little crush Rikki is in his class this year..it's starting already :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe how much she is growing up. And your brother with the mis-matched laces... =)

Thompson Family said...

Ok, so I'm glad Heather clued me in on the mis-matched laces...I thought he had on 2 different shoes and I was going to ask if that was cool now :-)

Campbell is adorable. How lucky she is to have you be with her though all these fun milestones. I just want to know who was more excited, you or her.